Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Goody, Goody Hairbrush


Given the exorbitant amount of money that I invest in my hairstyling products, tools, and accessories, you would think that I would put more consideration into my combs and brushes. That's what you would think, but you'd be wrong.

I'm embarrassed to admit how long I used my old hairbrushes. So I won't even go there. Let's just say that my brushes were so old and so busted that they probably did my hair more harm than good. So when I heard about Goody's new Mosaic collection, I immediately decided to upgrade.

Mosaic is the company's first line of styling tools developed specifically with diverse hair textures in mind. If you’ve got “ethnic” hair – whether it’s relaxed, natural, curly, wavy, straight, short or long – you must invest in this collection.

According to Goody, "Today, over 30 percent of the American population is multicultural. In a recent study, hair was found to be the single most important beauty priority with both the African American and Hispanic female consumer."

In creating the Mosaic line, Goody consulted with Chuck Amos, celebrity stylist to BeyoncĂ©, Alicia Keys, Jada Pinkett-Smith and Kelis. The collection includes tools in a variety of categories – brushes, combs, rollers, wraps, and at-home salon tools.

Mosaic’s most unique item is, hands down, the new relaxer sponge applicators. If you’ve got relaxed hair, you know that most applicators have bristles that can scrape the the skin, causing the scalp to sting or burn. But these disposable applicators are made of sponge to be gentle on your scalp and are firm enough for even application.

But back to the brushes…Mosaic boasts several different types, for all kinds of hair textures – even curly! But my two new beloved brushes are the Mosaic Ouchless Brush for Relaxed Hair (left) and the Mosaic So Smooth Ceramic Boar Cushion Brush. The former, made especially for chemically straightened hair and extensions, gently styles hair to minimize breakage. And the latter’s natural and synthetic bristles leave my hair glossy and frizz-free.

Mmm Mmm Goody!

Mosaic by Goody ($1.49-$12.99) is available at mass market retailers nationwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment