Friday, April 4, 2008

Besame Mucho

"Beauty, to me, is about being comfortable in your own skin. That, or a kick-ass red lipstick." -Gwyneth Paltrow

If you let me loose in a makeup store, chances are I'm going to head for the lipsticks and glosses first. I gravitate towards pinks and neutrals, and don't usually give reds the time of day. Oh how wrong I've been.

I was recently introduced to Besame's Enchanting Lipstick in Red Velvet, and it has absolutely has won me over. This might sound odd, but I would compare it to a Jersey gown…while wearing it, you look ultra-feminine and sophisticated - but feel completely comfortable.

Red Velvet is a neutral red, so it's wearable and compliments a variety of skin tones. The creamy, semi-matte finish ensures an elegant lip look that won't feather. And I'm impressed by the unique double design – use the tip to line lips before filling in. Genius!

And how gorgeous is the gold bullet packaging? I imagine iconic beauties like Grace Kelly and Dorothy Dandridge carried something like this in their purses. Or perhaps a Bond girl might hide this in her décolletage.

Apply straight from the tube for a boldly pigmented pout. Or dab on with your finger for an effortless-looking stain. If you're more of a gloss gal (I feel ya), swipe Besame's Enriched Lip Glaze in Crystal on top…it's non-sticky and smells faintly of coconut.

Kick ass!

No comments:

Post a Comment