Monday, September 3, 2007

Vow to Be Beautiful

Today, my Internet surfing took me to InStyle.com – where I stumbled upon an article about the summer celebrity weddings of 2007. Looking at the glowing faces and wide smiles of Rebecca Romijn, Katie Holmes, and Eva Longoria made me remember my own nuptials three months ago.

I felt more beautiful on my wedding day than any other moment in my life. Mainly, it was because I was marrying my true love and best friend, but I have to admit that my makeup choices didn’t hurt any.

Bridal beauty is tricky because you want to appear fresh, but you also want your look to last. And while you want to be a drop dead gorgeous bride, you don’t want to look at your photos later and ask yourself - who is that?

“On your wedding day you should look like yourself at your most beautiful,” says Bobbi Brown.

I spent a long time figuring out which beauty products I would use to look special on my special day. And I think all of my research and makeup trials paid off (if I do say so myself). The following were the contents of my wedding beauty bag:

Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation Primer* creates a smooth, invisible layer that acts as a buffer between skin and makeup, and helps makeup stay fresh and color-true for hours. Available in three formulas – regular, hydrating, and oil-free (for shiny gals, like me).

Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit includes concealer on top and sheer loose powder on the bottom to set concealer for long-lasting wear. I’ve had this kit for years, and I swear it’s bottomless – a little goes a very long way. Awarded Brides Magazine 'Beauty Makeup Award' (May/ June 2007 issue).

If you want to look flawless, but your skin is far from it – look no farther than Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation*. Its sheer texture evens out dark spots and delivers an airbrushed finish. At $55, it’s a splurge – but one you won’t regret when you see yourself in photos.

Clinique Perfectly Real Compact Makeup* is, technically, foundation – but I use it as powder. Its silky, oil-free formula looks like your skin - only better. The buildable coverage lasts for hours, yet weighs nothing. Can be applied with a brush, sponge, or puff.

Diorshow Mascara* is an industry cult-fave, creating the longest, thickest, curviest lashes ever, resulting in an ultra-glam "just-off-the-catwalk" look. I accidentally bought the regular formula, but it held up beautifully though the vows, toasts, and even the dance with my dad.

My wedding day blush was actually a bronzer – Giorgio Armani Sheer Bronzer in #2. The finely-milled powder imparts sheer, buildable color that warms the skin with a subtle shimmer.




Armani Silk Lipstick clings to lips without the dryness that usually accompanies many long-last formulas. Available in a palette of 18 signature shades with 3 must-have fashion top coat lip accessories to be layered for a matte, satin, or sparkling effect.

Add Giorgio Armani Lip Shimmer over lipstick to give more depth, intensity and shine to the shade. Lip Shimmer is a sophisticated, shimmering translucent gloss – without any of the tackiness that typically traps stray hairs like a magnet.

*Holy Grail

No comments:

Post a Comment