Sunday, September 2, 2007

Patience Is a Virtue (That I Don’t Have)

I go to the hair salon every six weeks and I get my eyebrows waxed every four weeks, so you would think that I’m the type of person who gets a manicure regularly. Not so. The only time I really get my nails done is for special occasions - so nine times out of ten, I’m doing them myself. Why? It’s because I just can’t justify spending $10-15 on a manicure when I can just do my nails myself and use the money to buy a fabulous new lipgloss.

Anyway, the problem with doing my own nails is that it seems to take forever. Filing, buffing, and painting are a huge pain in the butt…but waiting for them to dry is the bane of my beauty existence. Frankly, I think that there is something in my DNA that makes it impossible for my nails dry in a reasonable time. You can't even imagine how many times I've gone to sleep with my hands carefully placed on my chest because my nails haven't dried in time for bed.

In the last few months, I’ve picked up some great products that cut my routine in half. And now, I’m happy to share my secrets with you.


OPI Ridge Filler contains natural silk to gently smooth out uneven natural nails when used prior to nail polish application.


Creative Solar Nail Oil is a light, penetrating natural blend of jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, and Vitamin E that softens the cuticle area and promotes strong, flexible nails.


Seche Vite is widely acknowledged as the world’s best top coat. Its patented formula allows it to penetrate to the base coat, forming a single, solid bond for a much more durable manicure which will not discolor or yellow. Helps dry nails in two minutes flat. In Style Magazine named Seche Vite a “Best Beauty Buy” for the past 10 years.


Sally Hansen No More Mistakes Manicure Clean-Up Pen is an innovative felt-tip pen that instantly erases nail color mistakes with just one stroke. Quick and precise, it won't ruin freshly applied nail color. As an added bonus, it’s refillable and comes with 2 extra replacement tips.

And for those times when you don't have any time at all, try...


Sally Hansen Natural Shine Instant Nail Finish is the ultimate low-maintenance nail tool, this translucent alternative to polish gives nails a healthy-looking, buffed shine in just one coat. It’s odorless, dries instantly, and the portable purse size is perfect for mini-manicures on the go!

No comments:

Post a Comment