Friday, July 31, 2009

Dashing Diva Gelife Manicure


As a beauty blogger, it's somewhat embarrassing to admit that my nails are usually a tore up mess. I love the look of freshly manicured nails, but there's just too much maintenance to keep them looking that way. And I'm a klutz, so I always seem to be breaking or chipping up the manicurist's handiwork mere hours after she's completed her masterpiece. Then I end up staring at a jacked up manicure for the next two weeks, silently cursing my inability to make my manicure last.

Which is why I am currently obsessed with Dashing Diva Gelife, a revolutionary new nail service that gives unbeatable gloss and helps maintain the health of the natural nail underneath. Gelife is a super-thin coat of gel painted, just like nail polish, over the natural nail. The gel is then cured under a UV light after each application, which immediately sets the formula. So once you're done, you're done. None of this sitting under a dryer for 15 minutes/ blowing on your nails just to be safe/ scared to touch anything for an hour after you leave the salon type of nonsense. And get this...it's chip-resistant up to two weeks!

I wish my camera could accurately capture the mirror shine of my nails. The photo above just doesn't do them justice.

Gelife launched with three options: clear, cool pink and warm pink (I chose the cool). The only caveat I have is that the current color options go on very sheer. So when you get any gunk underneath your nail, you can see it and it kinda detracts from the gorgeousness of your nails. But the solution is pretty simple...I've just been using my Sephora Brand Nail Scoop Cleaner a little more often to keep my manicure looking so fresh and so clean clean.

I'm really excited for September, when Gelife will be available in the following shades:









Left to right: Darkest Burgundy, Deep Red, Taupe Brown












Left to right: Beige, Hot Pink, Coral Orange

For Dashing Diva nail spa locations and hours, visit dashingdiva.com.

Gelife price list:
Gelife Natural Manicure - $45
Gelife Natural Pedicure - $60
Gelife French Manicure - $60
Gelife French Tip Extension - $70

No comments:

Post a Comment