Thursday, July 23, 2009

Bloggers Take Manhattan


Please forgive me, peeps, for I have no time to do what I do.

I'm in NYC for the annual Daily Makeover Beauty Bloggerati conference - and it's been makeup, skincare and hair 24-7. So please forgive the lack of posts lately. But while I'm on here apologizing, I might as well tell you what I've been up to. I'm so tired, I'm about to pass out. But here are some quick highlights...

If you haven't tasted the crispy fried chicken, basilicious mozzarella sticks or fruit embellished fro-yo dessert at Mad For Chicken (formerly BonChon), you have not lived. Thanks for the tip, Erika.

Daily Makeover's site is about to get a makeover. Can't be too specific, but their new content and tools are going to blow your beauty-loving mind.

Had delish lunch at the Estee Lauder offices and finally met all of the PR girls I talk to ten times a day. All of the brands (which include an impressive lineup: MAC, Clinique, Bobbi Brown, La Mer, Tommy Hilfiger, Jo Malone, and more) are very interested in learning more about the Beauty Bloggerati and how they can better work with us.

Our Columbus Circle beauty crawl went a little like this:

*Fell a little more in luvre with Kiehl's. Told everyone within earshot about my obsession with their Superbly Restorative Argan Body Lotion; I think I converted many of my fellow bloggers into fans. Then we were all introduced to Kiehl's new Sunflower Oil hair products; the shampoo smells yummy fantastic - like fresh apricot. We also got the skinny on the new Rare Earth line, created for acne-prone and greasy gals like yours truly. They sent me home with samples, so look for reviews soon.

*Lancome is the freaking bomb. We were greeted with champagne, heavenly cupcakes and veritable wonderland of makeup. I had an opportunity to play around with their fall 2009 collection and chat up celebrity makeup artist, Andrew Sotomayor...who has the BEST SKIN EVER. No joke. You could inspect his face with a high powered microscope and not find one pore. And the kind folks at Lancome sent us all home with a bag of goodies, including the Oscillation Powerbooster mascara primer and new Hypnose Drama mascara - which, together, are TO DIE!

*L'Occitane has this amazing anti-aging skincare product, called Divine Cream, that will hit shelves September 16th. I smoothed some on my hand and the texture was truly divine. L'Occitane don't lie.

*I wish Philadelphia had a Space NK store. Really, every city should have at least one. It smelled so damn good inside and they had some mellow Marvin Gaye on the stereo...I just didn't want to leave. What I love about Space NK is the diverse range of brand offerings. I consider myself a beauty savant, and there were products and lines that I've never heard of. Can you even?

*If there's a store where I want one of everything, it's Fresh. I seriously don't think you can go wrong with anything they sell. My new fave Fresh products are the Brown Sugar Body Scrub and Body Cream. It's like a 1-2 punch to your flaky epidermis. Exfoliate with the scrub and then moisturize with the cream and you'll swear that you got bumped to the top of the skin transplant list. The transformation is unbelievable!

Attended the What Not To Wear premiere party at the Ted Gibson Salon, to celebrate Ted's new gig as the show's resident hair guru. Briefly chatted up Jason Backe and congratulated him on the oodles of magazines he's been quoted in these last few months. I love me some Ted and Jason...dolls, the both of them. They deserve all of the success coming their way.


Me, Amber and Marta at Revlon dinner

Dinner with Revlon at Almond was ab fab. The steak frites I ordered was un(freaking)real. Plus, we got up close and personal with some of their newest products. In the middle of my meal, I applied their Colorstay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick...and it still looked perfect when I returned to my room at the ACE Hotel 2 hours later.

Okay, losing consciousness now. I'll check in again as soon as I can. You might have to wait a lil longer than a New York minute...but it will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment