Monday, November 8, 2010

Noxzema Clean Moisture Makeup Removal Cloths

When it comes to taking off my makeup, well, I’d rather leave it on. By bedtime, I’m usually so exhausted that I’d rather sleep in whatever makeup I put on that day (and risk the inevitable breakouts) than wash my face. Luckily, some genius (who’s also probably a fellow lazy gal) invented makeup remover wipes. And the wipes that I’m currently digging are from Noxzema.

Back in junior high, I begged Mama Spoiled Pretty to buy me a tub of their Original Deep Cleansing Cream, hoping it would give me flawless skin (and my pick of hot boyfriends) like Rebecca Gayheart. After weeks of telling me no, my mom finally relented during a trip to Drug Emporium (does anyone else remember this store?). I remember how impatient I was on the ride home – I couldn’t wait to try it out and see how it compared to the boring ole bar of Cetaphil that my dermatologist had recommended.

Fast forward 17 or so years (I’m showin’ my age now) and I’m back on the Noxzema bandwagon. The Clean Moisture Makeup Removal Cloths are, basically, Noxzema’s Original Deep Cleansing Cream in wipe form. The pre-moistened wipes remove dirt, oil, and makeup so effectively, you really only need one for your entire face.

The Clean Moisture Makeup Removal Cloths have the same smell and tingle as the Original Deep Cleansing Cream, so I was initially hesitant about using them around my eyes. But as it turns out, even when I used the wipes to remove stubborn mascara, I experienced no waterworks whatsoever. Personally, I could do without the menthol-y fragrance (I get that it’s kind of Noxzema’s signature thang), but it's not a deal-breaker for me.

What I like most about Clean Moisture Makeup Removal Cloths is how my skin feels after I’m done using one. My face doesn’t feel tight and stripped – and it doesn’t feel like there’s still sticky residue sitting on my skin…there’s just a nice, clean feeling.

Noxzema Clean Moisture Makeup Removal Cloths ($4.50) are available at mass market retailers nationwide.





*Did anyone else spot a fresh-faced, pre-'My So Called Life' Jared Leto in the Noxzema commercial?

No comments:

Post a Comment