Thursday, September 17, 2009

OK! Magazine Party Celebrates Kim Kardashian, New Contributing Beauty Editor

Zipping between backstage at New York Fashion Week shows is always a treat, but the biggest thrill of my recent trip was OK! Magazine's star-studded fete (Perez Hilton and Kelly Rowland made cameos) to celebrate the addition of new Contributing Beauty Editor, Kim Kardashian.

I couldn't believe my luck when the opportunity to attend presented itself, and I found myself shaking when Amber and I arrived at The Griffin at the exact moment Kim took her spot on the red carpet.

Kim looked resplendent in a Badgley Mischka gown. Her flawless face was the handiwork of her makeup artist, and my beauty buddy, Mario Dedivanovic.

Hairstylist Rolondo, who I interviewed the following day (stay tuned for that video), created a 40's finger-waved do.


Mario and Me

After Kim thanked the crowd, lady luck smiled on Amber and me, and we found a place to sit and Tweet our good fortune.


Amber and I (in my gorge Ann Taylor LBD) strike a pose

Midway through the party, as we noshed on mini pink cupcakes, the tragic news broke that the world had lost the incomparable Patrick Swayze. The DJ seamlessly transitioned from current jams into a Dirty Dancing medley. Though the shindig ended on a meloncholy note, I had the time of my life...and I owe it all to you oo oooo, Miss Kim.

For more Kim Kardashian news, beauty and makeup tips, click here.

Photo: kimkardashian.celebuzz.com

No comments:

Post a Comment