Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Sorcerer’s Apprentice Movie Review


Nicolas Cage... One of my favorite actors ~~ so of course I wanted to watch this movie. Although I was kinda hesitant because I wasn’t so fond of his last “ magical-ish” movie “ The Ghost Rider”. Well actually that was more of a fantasy only rather than magical. I always like magic as a kid, now, I guess I am being more realistic but I have to say this movie really bring some magic back into me. 



The preview looks pretty good, although the fact it’s about magic actually made the movie less appealing. However, the movie was VERY GOOD. There was a lot of awesome computer graphics, the movie moves forward most of the time. I always love combining reality with fantasy, the little explanations of how magic is real with physics is what made the movie more interesting. 



Also, since it is a Disney movie, it has to have some cheesy puppy love scene. However, I absolutely fall in love with this one scene at the lab. It combine nerdy & cheesiness but came out to be totally romantic and cool! ^_^. I won’t spoil it, you have to watch it if you haven’t. 


Overall, great movie, rating 4.75 star. I deduct some points because of the “uncool” cheesy love scenes.. but don’t worry, there aren’t too many of them. The plot is good, the very beginning seems like a ancient movie but it moves into the present NewYork City quickly after. Movie is at good length too, filled with action and some laughter ( you always get that with Nicolas Cage right?) & worth re-watching!





No comments:

Post a Comment