Monday, February 7, 2011

Makeup Mondays With Mario: Flawless Foundation


Celebrity makeup artist Mario Dedivanovic is answering your burning beauty questions!!! Every Monday, he will answer a beauty/skin care question as part of a weekly column on Spoiled Pretty, Makeup Mondays with Mario.

Hi Mario,

My questions are about foundation. First, when I’m buying a foundation, how do I make sure that I’m buying the right shade? Second, once I apply my foundation, how do I get the color to stay true? I ask this because sometimes my foundation will turn slightly orange after a few hours. Thanks!

-Lia

Hi Lia,

When chosing a foundation shade, it's important that you consider your skin shade on your face and neck. Test a few shades of foundation across your jawline and slightly onto the neck. Blend with a sponge and whichever shade looks most natural should be the right match.

Getting the color of your base to stay true is easy. Your face oils are what cause the base to turn orange so try to keep your skin matte by using blotting tissues throughout the day. You may also want to start your application using an anti-shine or matte primer, followed by foundation. Finish off by setting it all with a translucent colorless loose powder and voila! Perfection.

Thanks for visiting Makeup Mondays With Mario!

xo,
Mario


Got a question for Mario? Email your makeup and skin care queries to spoiledprettyquestions@gmail.com, and check back next Monday to read Mario's expert advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment