Monday, August 31, 2009

Lancome Hypnose Mascara: Boom Batter, My Lashes Are Getting Fatter

This past weekend, Mr. Spoiled Pretty and I attended our friends’ wedding. Though my Audrey Hepburn-inspired cocktail dress was darling and my coiff was looking uncharacteristically on point, it was my Bambi lashes that elicited the most compliments from my better half.

“Your eyelashes look amazing,” he said, at least three times during the night. At first, I was a little skeptical. I mean, when was the last time you got a compliment on your lashes from a guy who didn’t idolize Cher and sweat glitter (to steal a phrase from my gal, Amber)?

At first, I thought Graham’s flattery might have been the result of the Glenlivet he was sipping at the reception. But when I stopped in the ladies loo and spied myself in the mirror, I realized that the compliments were well-deserved.

What was my secret? I’ll tell you. Swipe on Lancome’s Oscillation Powerbooster lash primer, from root to tip. And while it’s still wet, paint on a coat of Lancome Hypnose Drama Instant Full Body Volume Mascara. Hypnose Drama’s s-shaped brush paints on inky goodness, resulting in fanned out, eye-popping, full body fringe. The formula is on the thin side, which means that it won’t dry out, or worse - leave your lashes a clumped up mess. I adore how the applicator grasps even my stumpiest, non-existent baby lashes and transforms them into their best selves.

Hypnose Drama is, by far, the best mascara on the market right now and it is absolutely worth every penny of its $24.50 price tag. But if you want to up the proverbial ante and elicit stares and compliments galore, you’ll dig deeper into your wallet and buck up for the primer too.

Lancome Powerbooster and Hypnose Drama Instant Full Body Volume Mascara are available at Sephora.

No comments:

Post a Comment