Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Recessionista's Fabuless Pick of the Week: OPI You Don't Know Jacques!


I haven’t been in a nail salon since June of 2007, so when Deidre, a fellow Philadelphia blogger, and I made plans to finally get together for some beauty-related fun, I had a brilliant idea. We would go get our nails did. So last night after work, I met Deidre on the corner of 17th and Locust and took her to City Nails, a nail salon I’ve passed by for the past three years but have never stepped inside.

Once we took off our coats, the nail technicians directed us to to pick our colors. So we walked over to the wall o’ polishes, a veritable playground of polishes.

Determined to take my own advice and rock the "greige" nail look that Glamour says is all the rage, I spun the displays looking for OPI’s You Don’t Know Jacques!. I got a little anxious when I couldn’t locate a bottle of the dirty taupe lacquer. Then Deidre tapped me on the shoulder and excited exclaimed that she’d found her fave. I turned around to see her holding the polish I had been searching for. Right then and there, I knew Deidre and I were gonna get along fine. Almost immediately, I found a second bottle of You Don’t Know Jacques! – so we took our seats to begin our tandem, identical manicures.

Fast forward 15 minutes later…we couldn’t stop stealing glances at each other’s hands, marveling at how the sooty chocolate shade flattered both of our skin tones. And a half hour later, while talking beauty shop at a nearby Starbucks, we carefully clutched our coffee cups – as not to destroy the perfect handiwork of City Nails. Check out Deidre’s nails to appreciate how You Don’t Know Jacques! compliments different complexions.

If you are a regular reader of Spoiled Pretty, you know that while I love me some beauty products, I don’t use superlatives very often. So when I say that You Don’t Know Jacques! is the the most magnificent nail color I have ever worn, you know I’m not just high on nail polish fumes. It is so gorgeous that it has taken me twice as long to finish this review, because I keep getting distracted…hypnotized by my delishiously dark mani.

You Don’t Know Jacques!, the star of OPI’s La Collection de France, is soon to join my own private stock because I cannot LIVE without this shade in my lifestyle.

You. Must. Go. Buy. This. Polish. There’s really nothing more to say. If this review doesn’t convince you to drop everything and go invest $8 in the most stunning nail shade eva - well, you don’t know jack.

No comments:

Post a Comment