Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Can I Have Some Remedy? Remedy For Me Please.


When your skin is parched, you quench its thirst by slathering on a thick, hydrating lotion/balm. So when your strands miss moisture like the deserts miss the rain, the same logic applies. Give your thin, runny shampoo and conditioner a rest…and invest in concentrated products that pamper your stressed tresses.

Aveda Dry Remedy Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner are staples in my shower for this very reason. The shampoo is so thick that when I squeeze it out of the tube, I always double check the label because I swear it was the conditioner. Dry Remedy is one of the few shampoos I’ve tried that delivers immediate results; when it comes to beauty products, I’m all Paula Cole “I don’t want to wait” – so instant gratification is a huge plus for me. Even before I apply the conditioner, my hair already feels softer and healthier. And the scent is amazing…when you’re done, your bathroom will smell like a spa (think ylang ylang and rose geranium, plus a hint of vanilla).

The conditioner is equally restorative. Personally, I mix equal parts of the Dry Remedy Moisturizing Conditioner with Barry Fletcher Moisture Therapy Cool Revitalizing Conditioner – it’s my hair’s cocktail of choice.

At $24 a pop, these products aren’t for the budget conscious. So if you don’t have $48 to spend, but your dry hair is crying out for help, I recommend Dry Remedy Moisturizing Shampoo. Purchase Aveda Dry Remedy at aveda.com, and take advantage of free shipping on all orders (now through 11/30) and choose a free sample!

No comments:

Post a Comment