Friday, June 25, 2010

Get The Look: Bryce Dallas Howard at Eclipse Premiere


CHANEL Celebrity Makeup Artist Kate Lee worked with Bryce Dallas Howard at the Los Angeles premiere of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse on Thursday, June 24th. Follow Kate's tips below to steal Bryce's modern classic Hollywood look.

"Bryce's skin is milky perfection and her hair a deep auburn, so I wanted to avoid doing the expected, and decided to go for a bold lip. Her skin was prepped with CHANEL Hydramax + Active Serum, and then I applied a mineral foundation. Her cheeks were CHANEL Powder Blush in Imprévu, which is a great mix of rose and bronze. I lined the eyes with the new CHANEL Intense Eye Pencil in Clair, and then went over the top with a pale pearlescent peach shadow from the new CHANEL Quadra Eye Shadow in Enigma to reflect the light. I then applied two coats of CHANEL Inimitable Intense Mascara in Noir. On her lips I used CHANEL Rouge Coco Lip Colour in Cambon which I matted down into a stain. I used the clear CHANEL Brow Shaper to set her brows in place, and then off she went to the craziest premiere of the year! The fans had been camping out for a few nights already!"

For her winning red carpet coiff, star stylist David Babaii created a relaxed, Bridget Bardot inspired look. Luminous waves highlighted her luxurious titian-colored hair as it was pulled back on each side, accented with a subtle beehive with shiny, healthy beautiful hair cascading sensually down her back. Babaii released several strands to strategically fall forward and frame Bryce's face for a modern 60's effect.

David Babaii Explains How To Get The Look:

"I prepared Bryce's hair by applying a small amount of argan oil-infused original Moroccanoil Treatment on damp hair before blow-drying to condition, strengthen and protect strands from the heat of the curling iron as well as to eliminate any sign of frizz or static. It absorbs instantly and speeds my blow-drying time so I can concentrate on styling. I love using Moroccanoil Treatment with flat or curling irons when I work because the hair becomes even better conditioned and healthier.

"Once the hair was dry, I applied Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream to the palm of my hands then randomly finger-combed sections of the hair for natural looking hold. After making a center part, I used a curling iron to form loose, flowing waves that were easy to work and to tuck behind the ears. I then gently teased the hair at the crown to create a suggestion of a Bardot bee-hive, pinned the sides, and left a soft cascade of gorgeous hair flowing down her back. Next, I lightly misted Bryce's hair using Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine Spray for an extra boost of natural-looking shine to reflect her beautiful color, especially in the bright lights on the red carpet. It was important to me to give the hair a luminous, ethereal look, and perfect condition and lustre was essential.

"To hold the hair in place without compromising on shine or movement, I finished the style with new Moroccanoil Luminous Hair Spray, which is blended with Moroccanoil's exclusive argan oil-infused formula. It sprays on in a soft, diffused mist and I love how touchable the hair feels, as well as so moveable with long-lasting hold that lasts all night long."

No comments:

Post a Comment