Monday, June 7, 2010

The Weather Channel: Beauty Forecast

Do you read Us Weekly? You know I do, seeing how celebrity obsessed I am. Anyway, they have this feature where, every week, a new celeb confesses 25 things you don't know about them. It's very interesting. I mean, I would never have guessed that Ludacris owns an RV and drives it himself. Or that Kristin Davis gets her best sleep on airplanes and loves Chick-fil-A. Hilary Duff says that she loves putting makeup on other people and if she weren't an actress, she'd be a makeup artist.

Anyway, if I were to participate in one of these exercises, here's one of the factoids you'd see on my list: I'm addicted to The Weather Channel. Every morning when I wake up, I turn to Channel 101 (Weatherscan Local from The Weather Channel). It gives me my local weather, along with a weekly forecast and some other helpful information…so I don't have to sit through all of the national weather news anymore, waiting to hear what's happening in my hood.

Now, I'm no weatherwoman wannabe. Watching the forecast helps me decide what outfit to wear, if I'll need an umbrella and what hairstyle I should sport that particular day (rain, wind and humidity always dictate a ponytail). Plus I secretly dig the smooth jazz music they play on a loop. I've memorized all of the songs, and Mr. Spoiled Pretty often catches me rocking out and humming along to The Weather Channel tunes while I'm getting ready in the AM.


And just when I thought TWC couldn’t make weather any cooler, they add an awesome new feature to weather.com. Type your zip code into the Beauty Forecast to set your location and it provides Frizz Alerts, Skin Alerts, and a checklist of the items you'll need to look and feel your best. You can also sign up to get the Beauty Forecast sent to your cell phone. The only thing that could make this better is if the text message was accompanied by my favorite smooth grooves.

No comments:

Post a Comment