Thursday, June 10, 2010

Salon Rouge: Blown Away By My Blowout

When it comes to beauty, few things make me happier than a professional blowout. I always feel my prettiest after someone tugs on my tresses with a round brush and blasts them with hot air. Why? Well, because I can get away with wearing my glasses, no makeup, jeans and a t-shirt – and still look totally fabulous. That's the beauty of a blowout.

So when Salon Rouge invited me to get my hair did over the Memorial Day holiday weekend, you know I immediately RSVP'd with a resounding "YES!!!!"

While Salon Rouge isn't exactly in my neighborhood (it's located in Cherry Hill, NJ), I had such a wonderful experience that I would gladly cross state lines and pay the $3 bridge toll again for such sleek and chic hair.

First, hairstylist Heather shampooed me using Bumble and bumble Tonic Shampoo, which has Tea Tree Oil and Peppermint extracts to soothe my itchy/dry scalp, balance oil, stimulate circulation. I loved the tingle! Then she shampooed again with Bumble and bumble Alojoba Shampoo - a lightweight, moisture-rich smoothie that combines Aloe Vera Gel, Jojoba Seed Oil, Cucumber and Chamomile for soft, shiny hair. She followed up the shampoo with the Alojoba Conditioner, which also smoothes and softens.


Once the conditioner was rinsed out, Heather sprayed Bumble and bumble Tonic Lotion at the roots and all over to detangle and prepare my hair for styling; this leave-in conditioner is a must-have for those with dry, coarse, porous or colored hair. While my hair was still damp, Heather squeezed a couple drops of Bumble and bumble Defrizz into her hands and distributed throughout my hands. She explained that Defrizz is the perfect prep product before a blowout because it protects against frizz, acts as a barrier to humidity and leaves hair silky and flyaway-free – but she warns not to get overzealous because a little goes a long way.

Then Heather gave me a blowout that blew me away. It took almost no time at all, and she has a very gentle technique. My bangs were almost past my nose, so I asked her to shorten and thicken them up - and she trimmed them to perfection. Seriously, I can't remember the last time I was so happy with my bangs. Finally, she sprayed my hair with Bb.Shine before flat ironing to protect and add a polished finish.

If you're in the Greater Philadelphia/South Jersey area, I highly recommend you pay Salon Rouge a visit…and tell Heather that Spoiled Pretty says "hi."

Salon Rouge
Cross County Plaza
2110 East Route 70
Cherry Hill, NJ 08003
856.424.3611

Follow Salon Rouge on Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment