Monday, November 5, 2007

Magic Wand

For the past few weeks, I’ve been running around looking like “a beast,” as my sister puts it.

Between work, traveling, and entertaining you all, I’ve been unable to schedule an appointment with the uber-talented woman who waxes my eyebrows and upper lip.*

Unkempt eyebrows, I can tolerate (luckily, mine don’t get thick and unruly)…but my moustache was getting a little out of control. So last night, I decided I couldn’t wait any longer – my lip needed to get de-fuzzified, and right quick. I am much too busy (and clumsy) for at-home waxes that need to be heated. So I decided to try Nad’s Facial Wand.

Stop. I know what you’re thinking. You’re remembering those Nad’s infomercials that aired, like, every 15 minutes during the 1990s. Yeah, they were hilarious – but seriously, this stuff really works! The pen-like applicator dispenses a small amount of gel, right where you want it. Simply apply the wax in the direction of hair growth, place the cotton backing strip over the gel, and press. Then, holding skin taut, quickly pull strip off in opposite direction of hair growth. That’s it!

The gel washes off with water, so it’s virtually goof-proof. Although this product can also be used on brows, I’m going to keep mine in the capable hands of my waxer. But I would definitely repurchase Nad’s Facial Wand to keep my upper lip area fuzz-free.

Nad's products are available at Nads.com, Drugstore.com, Amazon.com, Ulta and at drugstores nationwide.

*If you're in the Philadelphia area and in need of a waxer, email me at spoiledpretty@gmail.com and I'll send you the contact information for mine. She's fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment