Sunday, March 7, 2010

Oscars Beauty 2010: Queen Latifah

Queen Latifah's Oscar beauty look was cerated by makeup artist D'Andre Michael.

"For Queen Latifah’s Oscar's look I decided to go with a plum smoky eye, soft mauve lip and bronzed skin. Queen Latifah's wardrobe was a beautiful, custom-designed lavender gown. I used a foundation brush to apply COVERGIRL Queen Collection Natural Hue Liquid Makeup in Warm Caramel and set it with COVERGIRL Queen Collection Natural Hue Minerals Pressed Powder in Brown Bronze 1.

"For Queen Latifah's eyes, I started by applying COVERGIRL Queen Collection Natural Hue Minerals Pressed Powder in Brown Bronze 1 to the brow bone. I do this to achieve a more natural look to the brow bone. Secondly, I used COVERGIRL Smoky ShadowBlast in Purple Plume on the entire lid from the lash line to the inner crease. I then used COVERGIRL Smoky ShadowBlast in Onyx Smoke in the inner crease to blend up on the brow bone. For depth and intensity, I used COVERGIRL Outlast Smoothwear All Day Eyeliner in Onyx on the inner bottom eyelid. To give lashes the oomph that most women crave, I applied COVERGIRL LashBlast Length Waterproof Mascara in Very Black.

"For Queen Latifah's lips, I wanted to compliment the plum eye by doing a beautiful mauve lip to balance out the various purple hues of the entire look. To start I used a base coat of MAC Lipstick in Midimauve and then lined her lips with Kevyn Aucoin Flesh Tone Lip Pencil in Deep. I recommend rubbing your lips together after lining lips to blend the line. I added luster and shine to Queen’s lips by applying a dab of COVERGIRL ShineBlast Lip Gloss in Aglow.

"To complete Queen’s look I used CARGO Blush in Siena on the apples of her cheekbones for a hint of color and glow. To complete the overall look I used COVERGIRL Queen Collection Natural Hue Minerals Bronzer in Brown Bronze for a soft and subtle glow on her upper cheekbones, forehead, nose, neck and collar bone."

No comments:

Post a Comment