Monday, May 11, 2009

Allure, You Done Started Somethin'

Peep what Padma Lakshmi wore to the 2009 White House Correspondents Dinner. Yes, you heard me right. Padma didn't wear this transparent little number on a late-night booty call to her man's house. She wore this to party with the President!

I'm sorry, but if I were Michelle, lil miss Top Chef would have seen the bottom of my stiletto as Secret Service and I showed her the door.

What was she thinking wearing this inappropriate dress to such a swank shindig? And before you try sticking up for the usually polished Padma, I want to say that I don't buy the "I had no idea my dress was this sheer" defense. Even Lady Gaga or Aubrey O'Day would have had enough sense to put on something opaque before meeting Obama.

You know what I think? I think Allure Magazine started somethin' with their May 2009 spread of stripped-down celebs. Perhaps it made Padma a little too comfortable in her own skin?

In the interview that accompanies the photo below, Allure asked Padma if she's confident about her body. I believe Saturday's wardrobe malfunction answers that question, but anyway...Padma replied, "Yes; I like the way I look. I think I look better now than I did in my 20s, because I'm more confident about my body - and I don't want to look like anyone but myself."


No comments:

Post a Comment