Sunday, September 7, 2008

New York Fashion Week: Erin Fetherston, Spring 2009

On Friday afternoon, I was chilling in the Total Beauty suite at Bryant Park hotel - unwinding from the day and gearing up for a fantastic first night of New York Fashion Week – when I got a Twitter message from Anne. The message instructed me to hightail it over to the tents because I was on the press list at Erin Fetherston. What was ironic about this was that I’m hardly ever on Twitter, because my life is typically too busy or boring for me to sit down and provide the world with lifestyle updates. But since I arrived in NYC, I have been Twittering like it’s my J-O-B because I can’t believe how fabulously fab my world is right now.

So as soon as I received Anne’s message, I made a bee-line for Bryant Park and checked in at the table backstage at the Promenade. I was feeling a little bit out of sorts because I wasn’t in my backstage frame of mind. I must have missed my access confirmation, and figured that I couldn’t be accommodated backstage. But the area was cramped and uber chaotic, so there was no time for being dazed and confused. Just as I psyched myself up to interview the Key Makeup Artist, the sea of models, hair stylists, makeup artists, journalists and photogs part…and then I see her. Bobbi Brown. Can you even believe it? Bobbi Brown. Yes…the Bobbi Brown.

I coolly approached her and asked her how Erin Fetherston’s Spring 2009 collection inspired the makeup look, trying not to let on how in awe of her awesomeness I actually was. It’s a good thing that I had my tape recorder on me, because I was trembling so much that transcribing the interview would have been out of the question.

“I definitely see her clothes as beautiful and very fairytale. But she wanted a sophisticated angel,” Bobbi said. “We did that with a lot of the new metallic colors, which is a combination of shimmer and glitter that is really suitable for regular women. I've been doing the shows for so many years that I started back to using the glitters and shimmers a couple of years ago and so I would go buy all of this cheap stuff and it was so hard to make it look pretty. So I created this way to look pretty…because it can look really bad with the wrong texture.”

Though Bobbi loves the look of shimmer against the skin, she warned against going overboard. “Right now, I’ve got it on the girls’ eyes as well as the cheeks, and above the eye. That doesn’t work on everybody. So for regular women, maybe wear it on the eyes and maybe a little high on the cheekbone, over blush. And if you’re wearing gloss, I think it looks nice with shimmer. But we’re doing gloss in a much cooler, more modern way. There’s nothing gooey going on. You put it on, you blot them together, and then you use your finger.”

The following Bobbi Brown products were used to achieve the look:

Face: Dewy Finish Foundation*.

Eyes: Gold Dust Metallic Eye Shadow and Lavender Metallic Eye Shadow (as a base), Velvet Plum Metallic Eye Shadow and Glitz Metallic Eye Shadow* (in the crease), Gold Celestial Eye Shadow* (all over), Violet Ink Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner and Lash Glamour Lengthening Mascara in Smoke.

Cheeks: Illuminating Bronzer* and Gold Sparkle Pot Rouge*.

Lips: Nugget Lip Gloss.*

*These shades are not yet available.

Stay tuned for more New York Fashion Week - Spring/Summer 2009 coverage!

Photo source: style.com

Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment