Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Latisse Might Turn Your Blue Eyes Brown



If you watch Bravo as much as I do (shout out to Real Housewives of New Jersey and Top Chef), you've likely seen an advertisement for Latisse, a "prescription treatment for hypotrichosis used to grow eyelashes, making them longer, thicker and darker."



The commercial had me at hello, with images of spokesperson Brooke Shields flittering around a party, showing off enviably long lashes. But Latisse lost me with its laundry list of side effects, which includes: an itching sensation in the eyes, eye redness, eye irritation, dryness of the eyes, redness of the eyelids, eyelid darkening, and increased brown iris pigmentation (which is likely permanent).

Say what?

Speaking of permanent, the results achieved with Latisse are not. If you stop using the product, your eyelashes are expected to return to their previous appearance over several weeks to months.

With so many amazing mascaras and false lashes on the market, I just don't understand paying $120 for a one-month supply and taking the risks associated with Latisse. I'm a beauty buff, but this is one product I will not be trying.

My friend Erika over at Makeup Bag is braver than me. Click here for her unbiased review.

No comments:

Post a Comment