Thursday, June 11, 2009

Kenzo's New Fragrances: For Indigo Girls & Boys



I’m a winter fragrance kind of gal. I like my scents rich, regal and gourmand. So when the mercury starts to rise and it comes time to retire my cold weather perfumes to the rear of my vanity, a part of me hibernates with them.

Yes, straightforward citrus, green grass, and delicate bouquets are more fitting fragrances for summer. But, with a few exceptions, they just don’t speak to me.

For quite some time, I’ve been on a quest to find my ideal summer scent. But I didn’t know, specifically, what I was looking for…which is probably why it’s eluded me for so long. After a while, I just pretty much threw my hands up - hoping that my holy grail perfume would, somehow, find its way to my pulse points.


Well, I’m happy to report that I’ve finally found one I luvre. And while it didn’t magically materialize on the insides of my wrists, it did show up on my doorstep.

Last week, I received samples of L'Eau par Kenzo Eau Indigo, “a pair of sensual fragrances for him and her inspired by the seductive dance of color and scent as dusk settles on the water. The bottles, deep blue for men and purple for women, fit together to create a true indigo.”

L'Eau Par Kenzo Eau Indigo pour femme is IT, y’all. This perfume is a warm Friday evening at sunset. You’ve got on a sexy sundress and your hair is doing exactly what it’s told. There are some beads of perspiration on your shoulders and collarbone, but you’re not sweating - you’re glistening. You’re on your way to meet the girls, and there’s a sense of mystery and adventure regarding where the night might take you. Simply put, Kenzo Indigo is the personification of a summer night, ripe with promise.

This eau de parfum has a gentle, zesty start with notes of bergamot and mandarin, then unfolds into a sunny floral heart of sambac jasmine, orange blossom and ylang-ylang. Amber and tonka bean anchor this complex and seductive scent.

Like its female counterpart, L’Eau par Kenzo Eau Indigo pour homme explodes with zesty notes which unfold into a sensual base built around an amber note. Decidedly the more summery of the two, this eau de toilette also features hints of ginger, coriander, vetiver and cedar. I solicited Papa Spoiled Pretty’s opinion of the scent, so he sprayed a little on his forearm and inhaled. Then he sniffed again, this time more deeply. Then he misted his other arm and neck. “This is great,” he proclaimed. Then he made off with the bottle.

L’eau par Kenzo Eau Indigo, for him and her, are available at kenzousa.com for $55 (1.7 oz).

No comments:

Post a Comment