Sunday, August 7, 2011

Mary Kay Spoiled Me With a Miami Makeover

Last month, I traveled to Miami to report on Mercedes-Benz Swim Fashion Week as a correspondent for Mary Kay. I've been a Mary Kay fan for years, and was excited to get better acquainted with their products – particularly, their newest offerings.

One of the highlights of my trip was a makeover with celeb makeup artist, Ashunta Sheriff. Ashunta’s client list reads like a who's who of Hollywood (Rihanna, Ciara, Hillary Duff, Ashlee Simpson, Keri Hilson, Jennifer Hudson, Sharon Stone, Queen Latifah, P. Diddy and Alicia Keys) – so to be in her gifted hands was a major treat. Using products from Mary Kay, Ashunta gave me the J.Lo glow I've always wanted but never knew how to properly replicate.

Of all the products Ashunta used to create my Miami-inspired makeover, I fell hardest for Mary Kay's Lash Love Mascara. Lash Love promises to define and deliver 4 times the volume – and child, did it ever!

After Ashunta applied the mascara using her "uptown, downtown, cross town" technique (peep the video for a demonstration), my fringe looked fat and fabulous – without looking overdone. And I really love how deeply pigmented the color is; my natural lashes are black, but skimpy – so I need something ultra dark to make my peepers pop. Not to mention, Lash Love managed to stay put all day, despite the merciless Miami heat and humidity.

Lash Love Mascara costs a very affordable $15 – and is available at marykay.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment