Monday, May 17, 2010

Makeup Mondays With Mario: Beautiful and Bronzed


Celebrity makeup artist Mario Dedivanovic is answering your burning beauty questions!!! Every Monday, he will answer a beauty/skin care question as part of a weekly column on Spoiled Pretty, Makeup Mondays with Mario.


Hi Mario!

I just have to say I love love love your work, it’s so flawless and beautiful! My problem is I am a latina with fair skin and I recently started bed tanning a bit, I really don't want to overdue it because of the damaging effect it has in the long run. So my question is what kind of self tanner can I use for my face and body? I've also seen some for daily use. What would you recommend?

Thank you very much!
-Ilsse


Ilsse,

The first thing you should do is stop tanning! There is nothing that will heal or correct the negative effects that tanning has on your skin. You may not see the damage today, but it will appear later in life. I am, however, a fan of self tanners and use them myself. Try L'oreal Paris Sublime Bronze ProPerfect Salon Airbrush Self-Tanning Mist. It's very easy to use yourself, comes out evenly and does not smell bad. If you prefer a creme or lotion, try the
St.Tropez tanning line which has unique products to help you look tan and healthy. Whichever products you choose to use, you should always exfolliate you skin prior to application, avoid too much product on the elbows, feet, knees and any area that tends to get blotchy. Also keep your toenails and fingernails covered in Vaseline when appyling self tanner, as they will stain the nails an unnatractive yellow shade of yellow. Moisturize with a non-oily moisturizer to preserve the color longer. It's alot of work keeping your face and body beautiful and bronzed but it's worth it.

Thanks for visiting Makeup Mondays with Mario!

xo,
Mario

Got a question for Mario? Email your makeup and skin care queries to spoiledprettyquestions@gmail.com, and check back next Monday to read Mario's expert advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment