Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Artemis Woman Nail Catcher Will Protect Your Corneas, But Seriously Jack Up Your Toes


When I was in high school, I had one of the most frightening experiences of my life. I was at home getting ready for the Harvest Moon, a semi-formal dance. And as I was clipping my toenails, in preparation for a fresh coat of polish, one of the clippings flew and landed in my eye. Yes, in my EYE. The sharp edges scratched my eyeball and I was beyond hysterical. Oh, and did I mention that my parents hadn’t arrived home yet? And my sister was only 6…so what could she do? I was DYING! It took me, like, 5 minutes (which felt like an eternity) to remove the nail from my eyeball. And for days, I was convinced that my cornea had suffered permanent damage. Obviously, I’m fine now. But truth be told, I still flinch and squint my eyes every time I clip my nails.

So when I recently received an email announcing the new Artemis Woman Nail Catcher, a “precision toenail nail-clipping device that collects freshly clipped nails inside a plastic chamber and stores them until they are removed,” I got very excited. So I contacted the PR person and requested a sample so that I could test it for the blog.

Does it deliver? Well, the tool does clip nails. And it does collect the clippings and store them until you empty the storage chamber. But I think that Artemis and I have different definitions of the word precision…because my left big toe, the unfortunate guinea pig, is sporting an odd, asymmetrical shape – rather than the typical rounded shape I was going for. The more I tried to correct the contour, the more jacked it looked.

Bottom line: I’d rather revert back to my squint-and-flinch routine than walk around with embarrassingly shaped nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment