Monday, August 8, 2011

Makeup Mondays With Mario: How To Clean Makeup Brushes


Celebrity makeup artist Mario Dedivanovic is answering your burning beauty questions!!! Every Monday, he will answer a beauty/skin care question as part of a weekly column on Spoiled Pretty, Makeup Mondays with Mario.


Hey Mario,

I'd like some advice on how to best clean my makeup brushes. I don't know if I should be using soap, shampoo or a special kind of brush cleaner. And how often should I be cleaning them? I've spent a small fortune on brushes but have no idea how to care for them.

Thanks so much!
Ella


Hi Ella,
 
It took years of experimenting with different techniques and products to clean my brushes and I've found a way that works for me. I hope it does for you as well.
 
To clean brushes with natural or synthetic bristles, I use a basic hair shampoo. First run water over the brush hair then rub into the shampoo in a circular motion (I pour a bit of shampoo into a bowl). Rinse under running water again to get all of the soap out. I finish off by squeezing the water out, making sure not to pull on the hairs.
 
To dry your brushes, you should lay them flat on a towel. If you stand them up in a cup to dry, the water seeps into the handle and causes the brush to weaken and fall apart over time.
 
Thanks for visiting Makeup Mondays with Mario!

xo,
Mario

Got a question for Mario? Email your makeup and skin care queries to spoiledprettyquestions@gmail.com, and check back next Monday to read Mario's expert advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment