Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Estee Lauder Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator

Since adolescence, I've suffered with hyperpigmentation. Like many women of color, my blemishes leave dark marks in their wake - which can take weeks, months and even years to fade. For forever, I've used foundations and highlighters to hide these dark spots. But I've recently come to a point in my life where I'm tired of masking the problem. As a busy mom, I don't have the time or the energy it takes to put on a full face of makeup on a regular basis. Most days, I leave the house bare faced - save for some mascara and a couple swipes of gloss. Hyperpigmentation has undermined my self esteem for too long, so I decided it was time to heal, rather than conceal.

So last month, I added Estee Lauder Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator to my morning routine. And let me tell you...this additional step (which takes just 1 minute) has been life changing. First of all, the pearlescent serum imparts a radiant glow upon application - so even though the product actually takes about two weeks to start doing its thang, there are immediate perks.

And after just 10 days, I started to notice that my skin looked more even toned, luminous and smoother. The formula is lightweight and smells dreamy, so putting it on is a refreshing A.M. experience. And after a month, I am much more confident showing my bare skin to the world because my dark marks are starting to see the light.

I'm not usually the best at being consistent with skin care because, as you know, I test a lot of products. But this one is so simple and yields such amazing results that I actually look forward to putting it on. Because Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator targets the dark marks (as well as redness, acne marks, sun spots and other discolorations), you don't have to worry about it lightening the other areas of your face. And the oil-free formula is proven gentle and effective for all ethnicities. Just be sure to use an SPF product on your face every day, to prevent the marks from darkening up again.

I can't recommend Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator enough. It's become my holy grail - and if you buy it and try it, you'll understand why. I'm also anxious to try the Idealist Cooling Eye Illuminator.

*A sample was provided by the brand for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment