Monday, August 9, 2010

Makeup Mondays With Mario: Skin Care Superstars!


Celebrity makeup artist Mario Dedivanovic is answering your burning beauty questions!!! Every Monday, he will answer a beauty/skin care question as part of a weekly column on Spoiled Pretty, Makeup Mondays with Mario.

Mario,

This is so exciting being able to ask you a question. I am a regular visitor to your blog and have learned so much about makeup from you. But my question isn't about makeup. It's about skincare. I'd love to know what your favorite skincare products (cleanser, moisturizer, scrub, makeup remover and lip balm) are and why.

Thanks and keep up the awesome work,
Jessica




Hi Jessica,

I have tons of favorites when it comes to skincare products. For cleansing, I love La Mer The Cleansing Foam; it feels amazing, smells good and spreads nicely. A less expensive and comparable cleanser (and one of my all time faves) is Olay Deep Cleansing Face Wash with Witch Hazel. A great, basic and cheap scrub is St. Ives Apricot Scrub. I try not to exfoliate every day though - it can be too harsh on your skin. Once or twice a week I use DDF's Glycolic 5% Exfoliating Wash. To remove your makeup, I recommend Josie Maran's Bear Naked Wipes. I love everything about them and I'm sure you will too. Wipe away makeup and then follow with your normal skincare routine.

When it comes to moisturizing, I tend to use products that are not too thick or oily. I love La Mer The Moisturizing Lotion. It comes in a pump and is more lightweight than the popular creme. Cetaphil is still a favorite of mine also and works well on a lot of skin types. Sara Happ's The Lip Slip is a very nice lip balm and you should try out her lip exfoliators that come in lots of great flavors. I also love MAC's Tinted Lip Conditioner w/ SPF 15. I saved the best for last - The Eye Balm by La Mer. It's a new eye cream and it's the creme de la creme! I use it like three times a day and I LOVE IT!

Thanks for visiting Makeup Mondays with Mario!

xo,
Mario


Got a question for Mario? Email your makeup and skin care queries to spoiledprettyquestions@gmail.com, and check back next Monday to read Mario's expert advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment