Friday, October 5, 2007

I'm Mossy

For the past few weeks, I have been obsessed with Masaki/Masaki, a fragrance that Sephora.com describes as mossy woods.

According to Sephora, “mossy woods contain the elements of a forest. Oakmoss and rich, warm soil are drizzled with a hint of energizing citrus or crisp green notes to enliven the scent.”

I never figured myself for the mossy woods type – in fact, my husband wouldn’t be able to stop laughing if I ever described myself as such. But I was comforted somewhat when I read the personification of Masaki/Masaki…

She is an elegant young woman who lives on Park Avenue, shops on Fifth, strolls in Central Park and attends retrospectives at Manhattan's museums. She is simply chic and light pink is her favorite color.

Now that’s more like it.

For this perfume, designer Masakï Matsushïma’s muse was the distinguished upper class New York character. Jean Jacques, Masaki's "nose" traveled from Paris to New York for inspiration and spent the summer, walking around the elegant parts of the city, capturing the vibrations of its modern-chic atmosphere. The final result is a classy and rich fragrance - an explosive mix of Japanese and American senses put together by a French perfumer.

Masaki/Masaki features notes of litchi, Fuji apple, passion fruit, watermelon, sakura, angel face rose, magnolia, raspberry, patchouli, crystal musk and white cedar wood. Available at Sephora.

No comments:

Post a Comment