Thursday, January 14, 2010

My Favorite Fragrance Ad: Dior J'Adore

Is there a better fragrance ad than the Dior J'Adore commercial starring Charlize? I think not. No only did it prompt me to get reacquainted with J'Adore's fruity floral bouquet (we originally parted ways in college), I even downloaded Marvin Gaye's "A Funky Space Reincarnation" on my iPod...good stuff.

The commercial for Miss Dior Cherie (directed by Sophia Coppola) is another great one. Dior just does it better. One perfume ad I could do without (besides the Britney Spears ones - those go without saying), however, is the Estee Lauder Pleasures commercial. I cannot stand the way Gwyneth Paltrow pronounces "pleasures"...her accent just sounds so contrived; makes me wince every time she says it. My theory is that she's spent too much time viva la vida in London. Anyway...now, when it comes on TV, I brace myself for it. Too bad...great perfume, stinky ad.

What are your favorite fragrance ads?

No comments:

Post a Comment