For the world premiere event of the highly-anticipated Sherlock Holmes movie, Sebastian Stylist Design Team Member Thomas Dunkin styled actress Rachel McAdams' tresses to complement her Grecian-inspired gown for a red carpet look that radiated grace and glam. All eyes were on Sherlock's leading lady's asymmetrical, loosely textured side braid.
Thomas shares styling tips for recreating Rachel's red carpet look at home:
1) Start by applying a volumizing product like Sebastian Professional Texturizer to wet hair. Blow dry in sections, and pin each section in medium and large sized Velcro rollers throughout whole head and allow to set for 5-10 minutes.
2) Allow to cool then take down rollers, and spray hair with a dry shampoo for added texture.
3) Emulsify a small dab of Sebastian Professional Microweb Fiber between palms and run through top of hair. Backcomb front section and manipulate for height and volume. Secure with pins.
4) French braid bottom half of hair starting behind left ear and pin random remaining pieces into braid for haphazard, playful positioning.
5) Finish the look with Sebastian Professional Shaper Fierce for tousled movement and controlled hold.